The Eltingville Store, once located on Amboy Road in Eltingville, is now presented as the Print Shop in its location on Court Place at Historic Richmond Town. It is a small one-room, one-story wood frame building with board-and-batten siding and a wood shingle roof.
It is thought that the Eltingville Store was built ca. 1860, but the original location and owner are not documented. It was located on Amboy Road in Eltingville by at least 1910, when it appeared in the Sanborn Atlas. It was enlarged and converted to a residence by Mr. and Mrs. Eusebia Johnson, who resided there from 1920 to 1930. The building may at one time have served as a grocery store, as the word "Groceries," very faded, was painted on the front of the structure when it first came to the attention of SIHS.
The building was moved to Historic Richmond Town in 1961. It was first furnished as a grocery store, and since ca. 1967 it has been presented as a job printing shop. It displays a rare early printing press, one of the treasures of Historic Richmond Town's artifact collection. The building was designated an official New York City landmark by the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission in 1969.